Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission from any items purchased as a result of this blog post. These earnings come directly from Amazon and do not effect your cost. If you chose to purchase from the links below, I appreciate your support as I continue to work and bring you valuable content! ~Kalette
“Alexa, add all of the amazing Prime Day deals to my cart.”
Amazon sure has come a long way, and has really grown into a one-stop site for online shopping! Back in 2015, Amazon decided to celebrate their 20th anniversary by initiating the first ever Prime Day. It became such a hit, that Amazon decided to make the member only sales event a yearly tradition. The retailer’s biggest sale event features 2 days of special savings on thousands of items across all product categories.
Prime Day normally occurs in July, but because of the 2020 events (thanks COVID) and staffing shortages, it was delayed until October. This year, the sale will last a total of 48 hours, beginning at 12AM PDT on Tuesday, October 13 and concluding at 11:59PM PDT on Wednesday, October 14, 2020.
To make the most of this year’s Prime Day, make sure you do the following things:
Get an Amazon Prime Account
Since Amazon Prime Day is available only to Amazon Prime members, it’s important that you establish your membership first and foremost. There are plenty of ways you can start your membership experience, some without even paying…
- Start your free trial. Amazon will allow you to try out a Prime membership for 30 days free of charge. Amazon is pretty sure that you’ll love it so much, you’ll be sure to stick around! Included with your free trial, you’ll have access to the notorious fast, free two-day shipping, along with Prime Video, ad-free music streaming, unlimited photo storage and unlimited reading. After your free trial ends, your membership will cost $12.99 per month or $119 per year.
- Start your student free trial. If you have an .edu student email address, then you’re in business. Courtesy of Sprint, students can receive a free 6-month trial.
- Use your government assistance discount. Individuals who carry a valid Electronic Benefits Transfer or Medicaid card can get a Prime membership for only $5.99/month.
Download the Amazon Shopping App
Shopping from your phone just got even easier when you download and use the Amazon shopping app, available in both the Apple and Android app stores.
Even better, be sure to enable the “deal notifier” so you never miss a deal. Tap the options icon in the bottom menu to navigate to view your Settings. Scroll to your “Programs and Features” and tap on “Deals”, then tap the “Upcoming” tab. Find a deal that you want and tap “Watch this deal” to get notified when it starts.
Finally, don’t forget to add your payment method and ensure your default delivery address is set, so that you can snag your desired deals in a timely fashion.
Make sure Alexa is ready
Before the big event, make sure Alexa is ready to roll, because when the deals drop, Alexa can help direct you. Simply ask her “Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?” and she’ll give the deets on all the greatest offers that are live.
Now that you’re ready to shop, I’ve got some exciting news….you can start shopping now with some early Prime Day deals!!
Early Release Prime Day Deals
- 50% off a new six-month Kindle Unlimited Membership
- Save $50 on Audible’s annual plan – Includes 12 credits to use upfront on any title including new releases and best sellers
RoKu Streaming Stick – Pick up a new streaming stick and watch all of your favorite shows, including those on Disney+ and Apple TV. (Reg. $39.99)
Echo Show 5 – Need Alexa to display your favorite info, then the Echo Show 5 is your go to Alexa. (Reg. $89.99)
HOST Freeze Cooling Cup – Make sure you are ready for your next wine night with these freeze cooling cups. (Reg. $26.99)
Blink Mini Wired Smart Home Camera – Pair this home security camera with your new Alexa device to stay connected with what’s happening outside your house. (Reg. $34.99)
Apple Airpods Pro – Pick up the latest version of the wireless Apple ear buds for your next run/walk. (Reg. $249)
These are just a few of the best early release deals. Be sure to stay tuned to my IG page (@kalettehittle) over the next few days, as I’ll be highlighting all of the best deals once they are live!
Update Day 1
Some of the greatest deals from Amazon Prime Day 1!